Anti Corruption bureau was established in 2016. The bureau comes under the Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms of Karnataka State Government. It is headed by a senior IPS officer. The bureau is divided into 7 ranges in the State. Those are the Central Range, Southern Range, Eastern Range, Western Range, Northern Range, North-East Range, Bellari Range. The police Inspectors are given rights to investigate the offenses under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau is an agency which is responsible for collecting intelligence reports pertaining to corruption and having a liaison with the different Government Departments through Vigilance Officers, attending to complaints about bribery and corruption, investigating the offenses and prosecuting the same to prevent corruption. In order to effectively tackle the menace of corruption in Governance, the Government of Karnataka has established the Anti-Corruption Bureau.
- On 1st August 2018, a Bengaluru resident had sought conversion of B.N.English School into an un-aided category at Department Director, Department of Public instructions. Mr.Panchakshari, F.D.A. at the Department of Public instructions demanded Rs.25,000/- as a bribe for the same. he was caught while taking the bribe from the complainant.
- On 7th August 2018 Mr.Shivakumar.H Superintendent Engineer, Hemavathi Canal Zone, Tumakuru was raided on the basis of amassed disproportionate assets. Raids were conducted at his residents and also at his father’s residence. Cash and property documents, gold and silver were found and seized.
- On 8th August 2018, a resident of Tumakuru had sought closure of a case belonging to his ancestral property pending before Pavagada court. Mr.Thippurao, Tahsildar, demanded Rs.10,000/- to close the case. The ACB of Tumakuru trapped Mr.Thippurao and arrested him.
- A resident of Belagavi has sanctioned a subsidy of Rs.17,500/- for the dairy farming purpose by Karnataka Maharshi Valmiki Scheduled Tribe Development Corporation Ltd. Mr.Manjunath Sidappa Patil demanded Rs.3,000/- to release the sanctioned amount. On 9th August 2018, the ACB, Belagavi arrested Mr.Manjunath Siddappa while accepting the bribe.
- Under the Ganga Kalyana Scheme, a resident of Kolar district was allotted a free bore-well. Mr.Manju, a computer operator of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Development Corporation Ltd. Demanded Rs.6,000/- for sanctioning the drilling of the bore-well. On 9th August 2018, the ACB, Kolar arrested Mr.Manju while accepting the bribe.
- Sri. Prabhuswamy represented India in World Master Game held at Newzealand for Specially-abled. He won Gold medals in Javelin and Shot-put. Government as a token of appreciation announced a cash reward to him. He applied for the cash reward through Mysuru City Corporation (MCC). Mr.Tej Kumar, FDA, MCC demanded Rs.2,000/-as bribe to issue the cash reward. The ACB, Mysuru trapped and arrested Mr.Tej Kumar on 10th August 2018.
- Shri. Chandrashekar.K. demanded Rs.40,000/- (Rs.10,000/- per month) for 4 months to run a granite factory. On 16th August 2018, ACB, Chikkaballapur arrested Mr. Chandrashekar while receiving the bribe.
- On 21st August 2018, two Government officials who have amassed assets beyond their source of income (a) Mr.K.Bhimana Gowda, Assistant Manager, The Davangere District Central Co-operative Bank Ltd. and (b) Mr.A.Chinappa, FDA, Rural District Water, and Sanitation Department Shikaripura were raided.
Read more related to ACB raids: https://www.bangalorean.com/acb/acb-raid-different-places-karnataka/