BBMP’s team is working harder to rejuvenate and give a complete makeover to the Iblur Lake by the end of December. From, CCTVs, to running paths and public toilets, the residents can expect the complete face lift to happen by the year end.
After Eight Long Years
Thanks to the members of citizen group Iblur Environs Trust and the team from BBMP, Iblur lake is finally getting a complete renovation after eight long years. The Iblur Environs Trust has highlighted on certain things that they want to implement at the lake. BBMP is making a good effort to turn things into reality and finish the work by end of December. Work on the lake started last year in December and the citizens group has kept a complete check on the everyday progress.
The New Features
- The lake will get a proper fencing all around to prevent dumping of garbage and land encroachment.
- The walkway and the running path have already been created and public toilets are all ready for usage.
- A separate Kalyani is about to get ready for the people to offer pooja and immerse idols.
- A separate room for the security guards is being built so as to ward off people from carrying out any illegal activities in and around the premises.
- CCTV cameras are also being installed.
- Dim lights will be installed around the periphery, so that it doesn’t harm the flora and fauna.
- Botanical garden with trees like fig, peepal and neem will not only add to the beauty of this place, but will also attract many birds.
- A 400-metre wide arboretum will be built right next to the bank of the lake.
- A Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) will also be built by April 2019 on Outer Ring Road.
Once the lake is rejuvenated, the Iblur Environs Trust will be looking after it. The members of the group would be contributing money and will work collectively towards the betterment of the lake.