Our heart is one of the most hardworking and vital organs, which pumps nearly 2000 gallons of blood every day. Such a task requires a strong heart and the problem is that our hearts are heading down an unhealthy route. So, before it gets too late, let us all pledge to protect our heart, on this World Heart Day.
5 Things That Every Bangalorean Should Do To Protect Their Heart
Every Bangalorean’s health matters to us a lot. That’s why we have compiled this useful information just for you. Here are five things that every Bangalorean should do to protect his heart.
- Get Active & Work Your Muscles Out: Did you know working out every day can help prevent heart strokes? Well yes, 30 minutes of activity every day along with regular exercises can make your heart healthy, relieve you from stress and reduce the risk factors of getting any cardiovascular disease.
- Protect Yourself From Tobacco: Protecting yourself from tobacco can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 50%, within a year. Not just this, to keep your lungs and heart healthy, you should avoid smoke-filled environments and exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Eat Healthy: Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain products, fish, lean meat, beans, peas, lentils, and less saturated fats. All these healthy foods along with lots of water and less of alcohol can help you keep you keep your diet balanced.
- Reduce Blood Sugar: According to a study, heart disease death rate in adults with diabetes is 4 times higher than normal people. But the good news is that you can minimize the impact of diabetes on your body or can even delay the onset of diabetes by eating right, exercising and making some minor lifestyle changes.
- Maintain Your Weight: Limiting the salt intake and maintaining your weight can also help you control your blood pressure and lower the risk of heart disease. You can keep a track of your healthy weight and body fat by using BMI (Body-Mass index).
This is not it. If you burn 50 calories every day doing strenuous activities like swimming or hiking, you are 60% less likely to die of any heart disease. Rather, you should stay away from health issues like depression, try to meditate every day, be a part-time vegetarian, change your oil to vegetable oils, snack on pumpkin seeds, eat fresh berries or can even get a dog at home. These tips and tricks might sound funny but are definitely the keys to a fitter and healthy tomorrow.
Let’s take a step forward for the fitness of Bangaloreans and stay pumped up.
Read more related to this article: https://www.bangalorean.com/health-care/is-it-a-heart-attack-or-heartburn/