Indian Jewelry - The Expression of Indian
Culture & Aesthetics
Indian Jewelry – The Expression of Indian Culture & Aesthetics
For more than 5000 years, jewelry has been an integral part of life in the Indian sub continent and people have been using it for many reasons, apart from just using it as a sign of social status, like as a talisman, source of security during financial crisis, admirer of evolving art form or may be just as a decorative piece that could speak about the class.
From metal pieces to stone beads, pearls and diamonds, Indian jewelry has been much more complex in style and signification. The charm of jewelry and the beauty of Indian women by adorning it, has been growing ever since. It is rare to find a woman in India who would not love to embellish her beauty with jewelry. The truth is, beauty of Indian jewelry lies in the uniqueness of its design and the efforts of workmanship involved in creating intricate designs.
But one thing that has always fascinated people, when it comes to jewelry is the bridal jewelry. Let’s have a look at what Indian Bridal jewelry has to offer the brides.
The Current Gold Stats
Considering the latest statistics, jewelers have expected 10-15% growth in sales, during Akshaya Tritiya, as compared to 2017, despite the high gold prices. Last year, the gold rate hovered at around Rs. 29,000/10 grams, but this year it was priced at Rs. 31,000/10 grams. Additionally, last year, during Akshaya Tritiya the demand was too high, because of the slump during demonetization and introduction of GST. This year, despite of price hike, it is expected that people will have more fondness for lightweight jewelry.
If we compare the per gram gold rate since last 10 years, you would be amazed to see the hike in price.
Having that said, one thing that has always fascinated people, when it comes to jewelry is the bridal jewelry. Let’s have a look at what Indian Bridal jewelry has to offer the brides.
India’s Fascination for Bridal Jewelry
A wedding is always incomplete without Bridal Jewelry and Indian Brides look more glorified with the grand and extravagant jewelry on this special day. It not only adds festive aura to the Bridal outfit, but also makes the bride look more resplendent. Today, there are plethora of options for Brides to choose from and the list is never-ending. Let’s have a look.
- Gold Jewelry – Any Indian wedding would be incomplete without Gold jewelry.
- Kundan Jewelry – Known for its quality and masterful workmanship, Kundan jewelry is the perfect choice for a bride who wishes to look more traditional.
- Temple Jewelry – The divine temple jewelry is antique traditional jewelry with the figures of Lord Ganesh and Lakshmi carved on it.
- Diamond Jewelry – Diamonds are known to be a girl’s best friend and goes perfect with any bridal attire.
- Kaasu Maalai – Made with gold coins and precious stones, this is the perfect choice for a typical South Indian bride.
- Navaratna Jewelry – Jewelry sets embellished with nine precious stones are believed to bring good luck to the Bride.
This is not it. There are many other choices for brides to choose from like pearls, jadau jewelry, lacquer jewelry, Meenakari and lots more. And if you are a Bangalorean, there are options for exclusive jewelry showrooms, in abundance. I have assembled the ten best jewelry showrooms in Bangalore, which are sure to please your overwhelming desire to have the most gorgeous jewelry of all.
Top Ten Goldsmiths in Bangalore
- Lakshmi Gold Palace – Viswakarma family has been into the occupation of goldsmiths since generations. Today, Lakshmi Gold Palace is one of the most renowned goldsmiths in Bangalore with multiple other showrooms spread across Karnataka.
- Bhima Jewelers – Bhima Jewelers started their journey in 1925 and since then have been known for converting creativity into innovation. This is one of the best choices in Bangalore if you are looking for unique designs and awe-inspiring craftsmanship.
- Joyalukkas – Since their inception in 1987, Joyalukkas have expanded their presence all around the globe. Today, they have exquisite showrooms in 11 different countries and more than 10 million customers.
- Abaran Jewelers – Initiated by Late Burde Sadananda Kamath in 1930s, Abaran jewelers is another prominent name in the market with more than three stores in the city of Bangalore. This is the finest jewelry house in the city with dedicated showrooms for bridal and heritage masterpieces.
- PC Chandra – Started in 1939 in North Kolkata, today PC Chandra Jewelers have their presence all over India. This is one of the best options that have brought modernity in its approach to cater Indian women and have come up with an e-commerce portal, as well, for opening up more online shopping options for jewelry lovers.
- Mannapuram Riti Jewelry – Started in 2010, Mannapuram Riti Jewelry began its journey from Valapad, Thirssur. Today it owns six prestigious showrooms across South India and specializes in gold and diamond jewelry.
- Malabar Gold & Diamonds – Founded in 1993 by a team of entrepreneurs, led by Mr. M P Ahammed, Malabar Gold & Diamonds started in a small city called Kozhikode. Today, it has a strong retail network of more than 210 outlets spread across 9 countries.
- Tanishq – Tanishq started its journey with the launch of 18K gold watches studded with precious stones and soon grew into a 22K gold jewelry brand. Today they have exquisite showrooms all across the country.
- GRT Jewelers – Founded in 1964, GRT Jewelers is the fastest growing shopping hub of Chennai. This is one of the finest choices if you are particularly looking for silver jewelry, ornaments or artifacts.
- C. KrishniahChetty & Sons – Founded in 1869, C. KrishniahChetty & Sons is a renowned jewelry brand based in Bangalore with six exquisite showrooms across the city.
With the auspicious Varamahalakshmi festival just around the corner, I am sure you would be looking forward to some great festive offers on jewelry. Well, the great offers would be worth the wait, certainly. So, don’t forget to buy the most dazzling jewelry to adorn your beauty on this auspicious day and make your celebrations even more jovial. And, stay tuned for more updates on the latest jewelry trends.
Malabar Gold & Diamonds
Abaran Timeless Jewellery
Kirtilals Diamond Jewellery
Attica Gold Pvt Ltd
Sai Gold Palace
Lakshmi Gold Palace
Manappuram Riti Jewellery
C.Krishniah Chetty Jewellers
P.C. Chandra Jewellers
Commercial street Junction
RR Gold Palce