KGF – Chapter 1 is heading to complete 100 days. The movie won accolades for the most popular kannada film of the year at BIFFES 2019.
The movie is rocking at the box office.
KGF – Chapter 1 – success :
The movie became the first kannads film to be shown on Amazon Prime and Netflix. KGF has made its presence felt on the national scene. It has been dubbed into many language. The mocive has reached the global audience with subtitles.
Other places – KFG – Chapter 1:
Released on December 21 last year, Yash starrer KGF – Chapter 1 broke all barriers and turned out to be a monster success at the box office. KGF: Chapter 1 became the first Kannada film to release in Pakistan and became a huge success there as well.
At the North India box office, the movie made over Rs 45 crore, while its worldwide tally until its 50-day run was more than Rs 243 crore.
KGF – chapter 1 impact :
Yash has sprung a huge surprise with the release of ‘KGF – Chapter 1’, and its success has ushered in new changes in the Kannada film industry. The movie has brought the spotlight back on films in other languages to be dubbed into Kannada
With Netflix and amazon prime showing latest release, it is surprising to see a movie heading towards 100 days.
General Opinion on KGF – Chapter 1 :
When a movie exceeds expectations, the reasons for its success vary. The same principle applied to KGF – Chapter 1. Chapter 1 was touted as the most expensive Kannada film ever and it was expected to garner a humongous response at the sandalwood box office.
When the producers declared that it will be dubbed into 4 languages, most people were sceptical about it. Kannada films have been sporadically released outside the state, and even then, they were hardly noticed. An occasional movie would recover the investment, but bigger box office success was still elusive.
KGF – Chapter 1 narrated a story with a universal appeal: a hero, or in this case, an anti-hero, emerging as a saviour of the people. The trope is familiar and clinched, but the trick is to present it in a new, shiny bottle. The opinion of critics and audience may differ on the story narration and character development, but everyone was unanimous in praising the movie’s cinematography and background score.
Other kannada movies which has gone for a century in recent years are:
- Tagaru is a kannada movie featuring Shivarajkumar and Bhavana directed by Duniya soori and produced by K.P.Srikanth
- Ayogya featuring Satish and Rachita ram, diected by S.Mahesh Kumar and Produced by T.R.Chandrashekar
- Rambo 2 featuring Sharan and Ashika Ranganath, directed by Anil Kumar and directed by Sharan and Atlanta Nagendra.
- Sarkari Hi.Pra.Shaale, Kasaragodu featuring Ananth nag and Ramesh Bhat Directed and Produced by Rishab Shetty.
- Chamak featuring Ganesh and Rashmika Mandanna, Directed by Suni and produced by T.R.Chandrashekar.
- The Villain featuring Shiva Rajkumar, Sundeep and Amy Jackson directed by Prem and produced by C.R.Manohar.
- Ambi ning vayasayethu featuring Ambareesh, Sudeep and Shruthi Hariharan, Directed by Gurudattha and produced by Jack Manju along with Sudeep. This movie was the last movie of Actor Ambareesh.