BJP (the Bharatiya Janata Party) Manifesto for Lok Sabha elections 2019 is been released. The BJP has been active in public sphere for decades guided by the ideological foundation laid down by Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee and carried forward by Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya through his mission of Antyodaya (Garib Kalyan) .
This document is a compendium of BJP’s promises and commitments that the party make to fellow citizens who stand with the party on the journey of development.
This vision document of BJP is the vision of an uninterrupted journey upon which the party had embarked with the blessings of the people in 2014. This vision document is BJP’s plan of action for achieving the objectives and to fulfil the aspirations of every Indian.
Nation First :
- Zero-Tolerance Approach to Terrorism : This is exemplified by the Surgical Strikes and the Air Strikes carried out recently.
National Security :
- Strengthening of Armed Forces
- Self-reliance in defence sector
- Welfare of Soldiers
Modernization of Police Forces :
- Modernizing the Central Armed Police Forces to further increase their capacity and readiness and enable them to effectively combat internal security challenges.
- Providing assistance to the states to upgrade their police forces through the ‘Scheme for Modernization of Police Forces’.
Combating Infiltration :
- There has been a huge change in the cultural and linguistic identity of some areas due to illegal immigration, resulting in an adverse impact on local people’s livelihood and employment.
- To undertake effective steps to prevent illegal immigration in the North-Eastern States. A pilot project on the use of technology to strengthen border security (Smart Fencing) was implemented in Dhubri (Assam). Will implement this on all borders.
Reinforcing border security :
- Focus on creation of developmental and other necessary infrastructure in border areas to ensure that border security is strengthened, and to enable increased participation of and benefits for border areas in the country’s development and progress.
- Building six integrated check-posts with another under construction to facilitate easier trade and travel from the neighboring countries. Easing the movement of goods and people by constructing 14 more integrated check-posts by 2024. After completion of all the proposed integrated check-posts, all trade movement with Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan will be conducted through the integrated check-posts.
Coastal safety :
- After effectively strengthening coastal security through implementation of a coastal security scheme to provide modern equipment and allocating funds to the states for establishing coastal police stations, establishment of National Committee for Strengthening Maritime & Coastal Security, Island Information System and National Academy of Coastal Policing.
Combating left wing extremism :
- Strong actions to reduce left wing extremism to a very large extent and limited them to small pockets. We are committed to taking necessary and effective steps against left wing extremism to eliminate this menace in the next 5 years. In the last 5 years, the party has focused on the development of economic and social infrastructure such as roads, mobile towers, schools and medical facilities in the tribal areas affected by left wing extremism and BJP will continue to make efforts in this direction.
Jammu & Kashmir – Article 370 :
- Necessary action to ensure peace in Jammu and Kashmir through decisive actions and a firm policy. The BJP party is committed to overcome all obstacles that come in the way of development and provide adequate financial resources to all the regions of the state. We reiterate our position since the time of the Jan Sangh to the abrogation of Article 370.
Doubling Farmer’s income :
At the very beginning of our current term, Prime Minister Modi embarked on a mission to double farmers’ income. We will make all efforts to achieve this goal by 2022.
Welfare of Farmers :
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to all – have launched Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to ensure financial support to farmers owning land up to 2 hectares. We will further expand the coverage of the scheme to all the farmers in the country.
- Pension for small and marginal farmers – will launch a pension scheme for all small and marginal farmers in the country so as to ensure social security to them on reaching 60 years of age.
- Rs. 25 lakh crore investment in Agri-rural sector – are committed to making an investment of Rs. 25 lakh crore to improve the productivity of the farm sector.
- Interest-free Kisan Credit Card loans – BJP will provide short -term new agriculture loans up to Rs. 1 lakh at a 0% interest rate for 1-5 years on the condition of prompt repayment of the principal amount.
- Voluntary enrollment in Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana – Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana has ensured risk mitigation and provided insurance cover for all farmers and will make enrolment of farmers under the scheme voluntary.
- Empowering Farmers through Policies – will work towards reducing all agricultural imports and institute a predictable export and import policy with a built-in mechanism for encouraging exports and discouraging imports.
- Assurance of Quality Seeds – We will ensure timely availability of improved seeds of promising varieties at affordable rates with doorstep testing facilities.
Development of Agri-allied sectors :
- Oilseeds Mission – We will launch a new mission to achieve self-sufficiency in oil seeds and other agri-products.
- Warehouse Network across the Country – will build an efficient storage and transport mechanism for agriculture produce
- To ensure greater promotion and increase profitability under organic farming.
- National Bee-keeping and Honey Mission: will launch a National Bee-keeping and Honey Mission to ensure additional returns to the farmers and l double the honey production from the present 11,500 MT by developing infrastructural facilities and providing marketing support.
Expanding Irrigation in Mission Mode :
- The party has completed work on the long-pending 31 irrigation projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana and work will soon be completed on the remaining 68 projects in phases up to December 2019. Continuing efforts to developing irrigation, will further expand Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana to realize 100% irrigation potential of the country within a defined time-frame.
- BJP will bring one crore hectares agricultural land under micro-irrigation, this would be supplemented with ‘fertigation’ to promote judicious use of fertilizers.
- Recognizing the role of cooperatives and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) can play in ensuring better market linkages and opportunities in the agricultural sector and we are committed to support and strengthen them.
- BJP Will enable the creation of 10,000 new Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) by 2022 to ensure economies of scale for farmers regarding access to inputs and markets.
- To cater to the needs of big cities BJP will set up a mechanism of direct marketing of vegetables, fruits, dairy and fishery products through farmers’ cooperative organizations so as to ensure better price return to the farmers.
Convergence of Agriculture and Technology :
- BJP will create a mobile app based system for promoting the availability of agri-implements on rental/custom hiring basis.
- Will extensively use technology to ensure a better knowledge of the market prices of various agro-products for the benefit of farmers.
- Will enable development of young agri-scientists to take advantage of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain technology, Big Data analytics etc. for more predictive and profitable precision agriculture
- View solar energy as an additional source of income for farmers and will encourage solar farming on a massive scale so as to enable the ‘Annadaata’(food provider) to become ‘Urja-daata’ (energy provider).
- Digitization of Land Records – On the lines of Aadhaar project, we will complete digitization of land records on a mission mode. We will implement second-generation land reforms to ensure title guarantee for the landholder and reduce land-related litigation. We will create a model law for conclusive titling (in consultation with states) promoting title guarantee and title insurance and work with States to implement this system.
Animal Husbandry :
- Have given utmost importance to the dairy sector and have established Kamdhenu Aayog for the conservation of indigenous species of cattle. Will establish a network of mobile veterinary dispensaries to provide doorstep service to farmers.
- Will roll out a model programme for periodic health checkup of all cattle and other domestic animals at the district level with the help of veterinary experts from the public and private sector.
- BJP will expand the coverage of immunization and eliminate Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis.
- Will launch a National Feed and Fodder Mission to eliminate the shortage of fodder.
Fisheries – Blue revolution :
- Will launch ‘Matsya Sampada Yojana’ with an allocation of Rs. 10,000 crores to ensure availability of storage and marketing tools and infrastructure like ice-boxes, cold storages, ice-plants etc. for small and traditional Fishermen.
- BJP will promote aquaculture through easy access to credit.
- Will facilitate farming of sea-weed, pearl as well as ornamental Fish to ensure a better return to the Fishermen.
- Will bring all Fishermen under the ambit of all welfare programmes and social security schemes with expanded coverage for accident insurance.
On the Path of Gram Swaraj :
- Saashray (Housing) – will ensure a pucca house to every family who are either living in a kuchha house or have no access to housing by 2022.
- Sujal (Drinking Water) – will launch ‘Jal Jivan Mission’ under which we will introduce a special program, ‘Nal se Jal’ to ensure piped water connection to every household by 2024.
- Suchna se Sashaktikaran (Digital connectivity through Bharatnet) – will ensure that every Gram Panchayat is connected through a high speed optical ªbre network by 2022.
- Sadak se Samriddhi (Road connectivity) – will launch a massive ‘Rural Road Upgradation Programme’ to connect centres of education, healthcare centres, and markets with hinterlands to promote rural growth.
- Swachhata se Sampannata (Swachh Bharat Mission) – will ensure 100% disposal of liquid waste water and reuse of waste water.
India as the World’s 3rd Largest Economy :
Roadmap for 5 trillion dollar economy :
- India was branded as ‘fragile five’ in 2014. Within five years, we have turned India into a bright spot that is not only the fastest growing major economy of the world but also enjoys macroeconomic stability. We have already become the world’s sixth largest economy and will soon be among the top five. The party aspire to make India the third largest economy of the world by 2030. This implies that we commit to make India a US $ 5 trillion economy by 2025 and US $ 10 trillion economy by 2032.
- When compared to all governments post-1991, this government has delivered the highest rate of average GDP growth (7.3%) over the last five years and maintained lowest rate of average consumer inflation (4.6%). The consumer in action is presently at 2.6%. This has been achieved with lower fiscal deficits and significantly lower current account deficit as a percentage of GDP. Average fiscal deficit as a percentage of GDP during 2014-19 has been brought down to 3.7% from 5.4% during 2009-14. Reduction in fiscal deficit of this order implies less burden of debt on future generations by almost Rs.16 lakh crores. Average Current account deficit as a percentage of GDP during this government has been reduced to 1.5% from 3.3% during 2009-14.
Tax policy :
- Economic policy has been guided by the principle of lowering the tax rate and improving compliance; thereby broadening of the tax base. With improved compliance and increased tax base, the tax to GDP ratio has reached 12%, highest in the recent past, up from 10.1% in 2013-14. This increased revenue has been deployed for benefits to the poor and creation of infrastructure at an unprecedented level. We will continue with our policy in the similar manner – lowering of tax rate thereby rewarding honest tax payers and improving compliance.
Goods & services tax
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) has resulted in overall lowering of tax rates and increased revenue collection, particularly for States. When compared to base year of 2015-16, GST revenue for all states have increased by 50% in three years. We will continue with the simplication of GST process by engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders.
Promoting Yoga globally :
- BJP will further continue efforts to promote Yoga globally as the world celebrates 21st June as the International Yoga Day. We will promote Yoga as a vital method to achieve physical wellness and spiritual rejuvenation across the globe and will continue to work towards training of Yoga practitioners. We will undertake a rapid expansion of Yoga health hubs, Yoga tourism and research in Yoga.
Rs.100 lakh crore investment :
- While social security net for the poor and farmers will be expanded, we will take up capital investment in the country to a new height. By 2024, we will make capital investment of Rs.100 lakh crore in the infrastructure sector. We recognize that investment driven growth requires cheaper cost of capital. By anchoring inflation at 4% and cleaning up our banking system we have created the space for structural reduction in the cost of capital. This will not only help infrastructure investment but investment also in the wider economy. Thus, new India will be built on the basis of investment driven growth.
Make in India :
- With the aim of developing India into a knowledge based, skill supported and technology driven society, we have launched the ‘Make in India’ campaign. A beginning has already been made through our initiatives like Digital India, Startup India and Skill India. To bring in fast and inclusive growth, we have also carried out substantial reforms in the last few years in terms of de-regulation and delicensing, with an aim to improve ease of doing business. More than 90% FDI approvals are now through the automatic route. FDI has grown by almost 50% in the last five years. Similarly, implementation of One Nation, One Tax through GST has brought all businesses under single tax net.
- Making India a global manufacturing hub – as the party position India as a global manufacturing hub over the next five years.
Micro, small and medium enterprises :
- A special package was launched by the Government to boost the MSME sector. The Credit Guarantee Scheme of the Government of India is an important component wherein loans to MSME are guaranteed. Under this alone, the credit of around Rs.19,000 crore was achieved in 2017-18. Would aim to take this figure to Rs.1,00,000 crore by 2024.
- Technology access and upgradation are key elements in the MSME sector. The government has taken a major step in expanding of ‘Technology Centres’ and would achieve more than 150 such centres all over the country by 2024. These Technology Centres would help in mentoring skilling and prototyping of MSMEs. They will expose MSMEs to Artificial l Intelligence, Robotics, Internet of Things, Virtual Reality, BlockChain technology and Zero Defect Zero Effect.
- The Technology Centres, other skilling centres of MSMEs and NSICs incubation centres alone would provide focussed and high level skilling to more than 6 lakh people per year.
- Welfare of Small Traders –
- Will establish National Traders’ Welfare Board and create a National Policy for Retail Trade for the growth of retail businesses
- To protect the interests of small traders, we will provide an accident insurance of 10 lakh rupees to all the traders registered under GST.
- On the lines of Kisan credit card, we will also create a scheme to give merchant credit card to registered merchants.
Entrepreneurship & StartUps :
- To encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the youth, we will launch a new scheme to provide collateral-free credit up to 50 lakh for entrepreneurs. We will guarantee 50% of the loan amount for female entrepreneurs and 25% of the loan amount for male entrepreneurs.
- India is now among the largest Startup ecosystems of the world. Will further strengthen this ecosystem by:
- Easing regulatory requirement for start-ups
- Targeting time spent for tax compliance at 1 hour per month
- Facilitating establishment of 50,000 new Startups in the nation by 2024
- Creating 100 Innovation Zones in Urban Local Bodies
- Selling up 500 new incubators and accelerators by 2024
- Initiating ranking of Central Ministries, departments, State Governments and CPSUs for their increased engagement with start-ups and in bringing in innovation and newer technologies and global practices and skills.
- BJP will continue to promote and encourage Startups through creation of a ‘Seed Startup Fund’ of Rs. 20,000 crore.
- Will support entrepreneurial ventures started by individuals from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Communities, or Economically Weaker Sections and take forward the ‘Standup India’ initiative.
- BJP will set-up new ‘Entrepreneurial Northeast’ scheme to provide Financial support to the micro, small and medium industries and for employment generation in the North-eastern state.
Using Tourism to Cluster Services :
- Within the services sector, tourism will be special focus because it brings together many different service segments.
- Will identify special places of cultural or natural importance in order to develop them as comprehensive destinations instead of leaving them as isolated sites. This requires that we look at transpoĒ connection, heritage conservation, hotels, restaurants, entertainment and other services in an integrated way. We will make an effort to ensure that all these services interconnect. Therefore, the government will make sure that schemes/ agencies such as Swachh Bharat, ASI, forest department and local government work together with the travel and hospitality industry. All UNESCO heritage sites in India will be upgraded to international level facilities.
- The North eastern states and our Island/coastal areas will be developed while being sensitive to conserving their ecological uniqueness. Similarly, places of cultural importance will be developed while maintaining their unique heritage. As we have recently demonstrated by projects in Varanasi, an effort will be made to upgrade these sites while being sensitive to their historical/cultural heritage.
Transparent economy :
- Will continue our crackdown on Benami properties and illegal foreign bank accounts to benefit honest taxpayers and the poor of the country. We will also expedite our actions to bring fugitive economic offenders back to India and prosecute them for their crimes.
International Trade :
- BJP Will ensure faster customs clearance of international cargo by relaxing clearance procedures, introducing self-declaration etc and adopting new scanning technology. Will also provide adequate financial and institutional support for exporters and export organizations to build capacity and equip them with adequate information to ensure unhindered exports.
Foundation for New India :
- Will aim at next generation infrastructure which will include gas grids and water grids, i-ways, regional airports and way side amenities along National highways.
- BJP will continue the fast pace with more and more public and private investment and efficient ground level management on building of infrastructure further and to improve the quality of life and enhance the ease of living.
- In addition to ensuring efficiency in the economy this will also lead to creation of a large number of jobs and livelihood opportunities.
Ensuring Urban Development :
- Through the development of infrastructure and connectivity, we will ensure the further development of suburban townships and new urban centres.
- Will set up five regional centres of excellence on urban issues. These centres will provide support to states and local bodies on issues of urban governance and growth.
- Urban Mobility – will launch a National Urban Mobility Mission to provide technology based urban mobility solutions to all urban local bodies and increase the use of public transport , enhance walkability and cycle use. Under this mission, we will incentivize cities to integrate the public transport systems such as metro, local trains and local buses with the private service providers in the sector such as, private bus operator, private taxi operator, the auto-rickshaw, e-rickshaw services, pedestrian and cycling infrastructure for a seamless and smooth last mile connectivity. Will also promote a common mobility card/ ticketing across different rent modes of transport.
- In the next five years, will ensure that 50 cities are covered with a strong metro network.
Swachh Bharat Mission :
- Have constructed over 9 crore toilets under our flagship program, Swachh Bharat Mission. Will take the Mission to a new level through sustainable Solid Waste Management in every village. Through the mission, we will ensure 100% disposal of liquid waste through emphasis on faecal sludge management and reuse of waste water in rural, peri urban and unsewered areas.
- BJP ill ensure that all habitations attain open defecation free status and those that have retained the status sustain the behavioural change.
Jal Shakthi :
- Water is a critical resource but its management is spread across various departments, even at the Central level. We will form a new Ministry of Water unifying the water management functions to approach the issue of water management holistically and ensure better coordination of efforts. The Ministry will expeditedly take forward the ambitious program, conceptualized by Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, for linking rivers from different parts of the country and ensure a solution to the problems of drinking water and irrigation. We will initiate work on this program by constituting an authority.
- Will launch ‘Jal Jivan Mission’ under which we will introduce a special program, ‘Nal se Jal’ to ensure piped water for every household by 2024.
- Will ensure sustainability of water supply through special focus on conservation of rural water bodies and ground water recharge.
Road Connectivity :
- In continuation to our existing milestone of constructing roads at an unprecedented pace, we will construct 60,000 kms of National Highways in the next five years.
- Will double the length of National Highways by 2022.
- Will complete the Phase-1 of Bharatmala Project expeditiously. We will also launch Bharatmala 2.0 project especially with a view to support the states to develop state road networks connecting the interior regions to the main roads and to effectively leverage the economic potential and market opportunities of the concerned regions.
- BJP will bring in new technologies and designs in road construction, operation and maintenance.
- Want to become a world leader in e-mobility. 10,000 crores have already been allocated to launch a program for promoting clean energy and battery operated vehicles. We will further work on this front to ensure expansion of this new mobility experience.
- Have made all efforts to make the experience of rail journey safe, smooth, clean and satisfying and have achieved great results. We will continue the pace of work in this regard and encourage private participation in the development of railway amenities and infrastructure and provision of services.
- Will ensure conversion of all viable rail tracks to broad gauge by 2022.
- Will make all efforts to ensure electrification of all railway tracks by 2022.
- Will expand connectivity and experience of high speed trains and new version trains such as Vande Bharat Express across the length and breadth of the country in the next five years.
- Will complete the dedicated freight corridor project by 2022.
- BJP will launch a massive program for modernization of railway stations in the country.
- Will equip all main railway stations with Wi-Fi facility by 2022.
Establishment of new airports :
- In 2014 there were 65 functional airports and there are a total of 101 functional airports today. In the next five years, we will double the number of functional airports.
Coastal development :
- Potential of coastal development for transportation, tourism and for economic upliftment of coastal communities has remained unexploited in the country. To exploit this potential fully, we have launched the Sagarmala program and will ensure speedy completion of the projects under this program.
- Will double our port capacity in the next five years.
- Will further encourage integrated development of coastal areas including coastal cities, coastal transport and coastal industrialization.
- Will undertake the upgradation of infrastructure for connecting the coast and hinterland to ensure smooth transportation.
- will continue to focus on development of inland waterways for shifting inland cargo movement from road and rail to water transport.
- Party had made a commitment to provide 24×7 electricity to all and the country has substantially attained the goal. All remaining villages have been electrified. Similarly, almost all remaining households have been provided with an electricity connection. Thus, we are near completion of our promise in a record time. We will further work towards completing any unfinished task in this regard.
- Exceptional work has been done in adding to the electricity generated and in laying down of transmission lines and in putting up the nationwide transmission grid. With these milestone achievements, India can now claim that quantum of or access to electricity is no longer an issue.
- India has become a global champion in addressing the issues of climate change through effective and feasible interventions. We have achieved cumulative installed renewable energy capacity of 76.87 GW as on February, 2019 and are on track to achieve our goal of 175 GW by 2022. We will continue our efforts in this regard and make it a popular movement. We will further make all efforts to invite other countries of the world to become members of the International Solar Alliance.
Digital Connectivity :
- Every Gram Panchayat will be connected with high speed optical fibre network by 2022. Through village level high speed broadband services, we will provide a range of services such as telemedicine, tele-education and agriculture related advisories.
Health for All :
Making Healthcare Accessible :
- While providing annual health cover of Rs. 5 lakh to 10.74 crore poor families under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana under Ayushman Bharat, we also initiated a programme to set up 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) by 2022. Till date 17,150 HWCs have become functional. We will take up the program of HWCs to next level. We will target provisioning of telemedicine and diagnostic laboratory facilities at these HWCs by 2022 to ensure quality primary medical care to the poor at his doorstep.
- BJP will create an essential devices list and a separate pricing policy for medical devices to ensure their accessibility and affordability to masses.
Strengthening Health Infrastructure :
- With our initiatives, we have successfully reached the stage of ensuring one Medical College for every three Parliamentary Constituencies. We will take it forward and set up one Medical College or Post Graduate Medical College in every district, through public or private participation, by 2024. To start with 75 such Medical Institutes will be set up by 2022. This would ensure availability and accessibility of quality secondary and tertiary medical care to the citizens across the diverse landscape of our country.
- In a mere span of 5 years, we have increased the number of MBBS seats by 18,000 and that of Postgraduate Medical seats by 12,000. We would further accelerate the pace of reforms in medical education sector so as to ensure transparency on one hand and improved doctor: population ratio on the other hand. With our efforts we will double the number of MBBS and Specialist doctors in the country by 2024 as compared to the work done from 1947 till 2014. Further, we will also accelerate the reforms in para-medical education sector so as to increase the availability of nurses, pharmacists and other paramedical personnel.
- Will also accelerate the reforms in paramedical education sector so as to increase the availability of nurses, pharmacists and other paramedical personnel.
Immunization and Nutrition :
- BJP will endeavour to make the National Nutrition Mission a mass movement and strengthen infrastructure and capacity in all Anganwadis.
- The Mission Indradhanush program has ensured full immunization of 3.39 crore children and 87.18 lakh pregnant mothers. Further, the annual increase in the rate of immunization has jumped from 1% per year to 6% per year. Continuing this pace, we will ensure full immunization coverage for all the children and pregnant women by 2022.
Eliminating Tuberculosis :
- Tuberculosis claims more lives every year than any other infectious disease. As on today, more than 25 lakh citizens are suffering from TB while over 3 lakh persons die due to TB every year. The disease mainly affects the poor and malnourished. We have rolled out a Special Mission to eliminate TB from India by 2025. We will ensure this becomes a success much ahead of the target given in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Good Governance :
Simultaneous Elections :
- The party is committed to the idea of simultaneous elections for Parliament, State assemblies and local bodies to reduce expenditure, ensure efficient utilization of government resources and security forces and for effective policy planning. We will try to build consensus on this issue with all parties.
- Single Voter List – In order to ensure that every citizen gets the right to exercise his/her franchise for all public bodies and to avoid confusion created by multiple voter lists, we will strive to ensure a common voter list for all elections.
Corruption-free Bharath :
- In order to curb corruption, the Modi government has taken many effective steps such as enacting the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act,2018, Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act,2018, and the Benami Transaction Prohibition (Amendment) Act, 2016. We have eliminated inertia in the government by ensuring decisive actions under the leadership of Prime Minister Modi and will continue to make efforts to ensure more effective governance and transparent decision making.
Civil Service and Governance Reforms :
- To transform India into a developed nation, we need to work with the guiding principle of “Minimum Government and Maximum Governance” and we will bring reform in the Civil Services and implement it in a manner to achieve the same. In order to ensure better implementation of policies and coordination, we will merge similar and complementary departments into sectoral ministries. This will allow policymakers to frame holistic and comprehensive policies on the one hand and ensure smooth implementation on the other.
- BJP will continue to implement the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan in a focused manner to build the capacity of members of Panchayati Raj Institutions and ensure effective delivery of schemes at the grassroots.
Police reforms :
- Police is the most basic and key functionary affecting the people’s life. An effective policing and peaceful law and order is the key to growth and development. Our present police and policing is based upon the colonial police force and there is a need to change and transform the police according to the challenges of the 21st century. Therefore, we will bring Police Reform. We will formulate a ‘Model Police Act’ in consultation with the States to have a pro-people citizen friendly police. This will take the Indian policing at par with its contemporaries anywhere in the world.
Judicial Reforms :
- BJP will work towards simplifying procedural laws, encouraging mediation and strengthening judicial and court management system in order to increase accessibility.
- Making India the centre of arbitration – We will increase the number of Alternative Dispute Resolution forums to ensure avenues for quick disposal of matters. Will also take all necessary steps to make India a hub of arbitration services.
International Financial Services Centre Authority :
- In order to establish India as a hub of financial services, we will expedite the enactment of legislation for creating an International Financial Services Centre Authority which will put in place a robust regulatory framework. We will continue and further increase the ongoing incentives to expand digital transactions.
Implementing Cooperative Federalism Effectively :
- The party has set an example of inclusive federal governance through steps such as the creation of NITI Aayog, establishment of the GST council and restructuring of central schemes in line with our pledge of cooperative federalism. We will continue to pursue this course by ensuring greater involvement of the states in all aspects of policy making and governance thereby strengthening federalism. We will also ensure implementation of the 14th Finance Commission’s recommendations.
Ease of Living :
- BJP will set up a committee for Easing Citizens’ Interactions with Government (CECIG) to work with experts in reforming citizen’s interface with Government across domains such as taxes, business compliance, rules and regulations for greater simplicity and ease.
- To empower citizens and ensure time-bound delivery of public services, we will explore every avenue to implement the Right to Service.
Science and Technology :
- The future belongs to Science and Technology and the use of technology for development of people. We will launch a new Science Mission for development of cutting edge technologies and future technologies with two submissions, specifically focused on (a) artificial l intelligence mission and (b) robotic research mission with the aim to leapfrog into the future world of cutting edge technologies.
- Our first agenda is our people. Today much of our S&T investment is in central institutions. We will aim to spread this to the 95% of students who attend state government institutions also. This will be done by investment from the government through a National Research Foundation in partnership with States. Industry investment in R&D will also be enhanced, in partnership with our network of national laboratories.
- Will launch a Language Translation Mission that will enable ready translation of English text in Science & Technology and humanities in any of our languages. This will take the best works, bilingually, to every student in the country.
- Will initiate a genome mission for human health that will bring the latest diagnosis and treatment to our entire population through frugal innovation.
- Will explore the diversity of our oceans, have a human crewed submersible going to the deepest oceans that will facilitate sustainable use of resources. With a thrust on non-fossil fuels, our research mission in this area will reduce imports and make India a leader in new technologies.
- The supercomputer, Artificial Intelligence and Quantum Missions will make India not only Industry 5.0 ready but also a leader. The Swachh Bharat mission has transformed one side of Swachhata. Now we will get the latest technologies to transform Waste to Energy and Wealth in a major mission. We will also strive towards semiconductor manufacturing within the country.
- After achieving unprecedented success through Mission Shakti, the party is committed to ensuring that ‘Gaganyaan’ successfully demonstrates scientific capabilities of executing a manned mission in space. We will start the ‘National Program for Rapid Research in Socially Contextual Technologies’ to create research paths in desirable technologies and to manage financing of such projects in coordination with the private sector.
Forest and Environment :
- Have ensured speed and effectiveness in issuing forest and environmental clearances for eligible projects due to which we have added around 9000 Sq. Kms to the forest cover of the country. We are committed to maintaining this pace through adoption of cleaner practises to make our nation a greener country.
- Have evolved technologically better strategies and devices to map the level of pollution in cities and rivers and have taken effective steps to reduce the level of pollution in major cities, including the national capital. Will convert the National Clean Air Plan into a Mission and we will focus on 102 most polluted cities in the country. Through concerted action, we will reduce the level of pollution in each of the mission cities by at least 35% over the next five years.
- Have continuously protected and promoted the interest of forest dwellers particularly the tribal communities. We have endeavoured to provide basic amenities, such as roads, telephone connectivity and cooking gas connection in addition to houses and toilets, at the doorstep of people living in remotest forest areas. We are committed to continuing our work in this direction.
Protecting the Himalayas :
- BJP will ensure the Himalayan States are provided special financial assistance in the form of a ‘Green Bonus’ to facilitate the protection and promotion of forests in those states.
Focusing on Island territories :
- Have taken important steps such as establishing the Island Development Authority to ensure the overall development of the island regions. We will continue to focus on these areas given their economic potential and strategic importance.
- Will preserve the unique identity of Andaman-Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands and build a world class infrastructure compatible with the local ecosystem. We will focus on fully developing the potential of tourism in these islands to bring transformational improvement in the standard of living and income of the residents.
Focusing on Union Territories :
- Will develop Union Territories as models of development and good governance, and ensure the highest quality of living, citizen services and infrastructure for the residents of Union Territories.
Development of Northern States :
- Have ensured that the insurgency in the North-eastern States is brought under control and the security situation in these states improved significantly. We will leverage this situation to ensure accelerated development of the North-eastern states.
- Will continue to focus on the development of infrastructure and improved connectivity in this region to ensure that the North-eastern states duly participate in the economic progress of the country. We will continue to take the necessary steps to leverage the tremendous potential of hydroelectric, tourism, horticulture etc in the North-eastern states.
- The party is committed to ensure that the unique linguistic, cultural and social identity of the North-eastern States is adequately protected and take steps to ensure the same.
Yuva Bharat – Tomorrow’s India :
Creating Opportunities for Youth :
- BJP will create new opportunities of employment by providing more support to the 22 major ‘Champion Sectors’ identified as the main drivers of Indian economy. We will optimally leverage the untapped employment-generation of potential of sectors such as defence and pharmaceuticals to take advantage of the opportunities available in domestic and foreign markets.
- Entrepreneurship & Start-Ups- To encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the youth.
Youth In Governance :
- Engaging Youth with Society – To ensure increased participation of youth in our society.
- Youth in Urban Governance – will support a large scale internship program for the youth in urban local bodies, matching skills needed by the local bodies and providing the young with much needed understanding of urban issues.
- BJP will map state and district-wise sport talent and strengths, recognize the traditional sporting practices and focus on the promotion of special sports in special regions.
- The government has taken comprehensive steps to develop the culture of sports in the country through the ‘Khelo India’ scheme, and we will continue to provide adequate resources under this scheme to ensure the achievement of declared objectives. Under this scheme, special attention will be given to encourage sporting talent among women and tribals.
- In order to further promote sports will introduce practical sports courses as part of the educational curriculum and also establish a National Sports Education Board for the development of sports persons.
- Will support the creation of a mini-stadium in each sub-district, with the participation of state governments, to encourage sports and to make sporting infrastructure available in the rural areas.
- Will formulate a mechanism to ensure that the capacity of existing sporting infrastructure is easily accessible for use of sports persons and new models including PPP will be explored to ensure maintenance and management of such assets.
- Will promote the Fit India campaign as an integral part of building a culture of sports in India and will consistently undertake necessary steps to encourage broader awareness and participation in the campaign.
Education for All :
Primary and Secondary Education :
- Having achieved access and equity in school education, our emphasis will now be on quality of learning. Have already identified learning outcomes for various classes and our priority in the next five years will be to ensure that children achieve these learning outcomes. Will focus on teachers training and capacity building as a key factor in achieving these learning outcomes.
- We consider it our duty to provide a conducive environment for talented children in our country to facilitate them to unleash their talent. For this, we will initiate a ‘Prime Minister Innovative Learning Program’ to bring together such children for a certain period in a year in one place from all over the country and provide them with facilities and resources for them to excel. This would instill a culture of lateral thinking and innovation among them.
- BJP will establish National Institutes of Teachers’ training. These institutions would provide four-year integrated courses that would set the standards for quality teachers in our schools. We will also motivate States to replicate this model as it is our firm belief that quality teachers lay the foundation of quality learning.
- We are committed to using technology in classrooms and in imparting education. Will move ahead to provide smart classes to our children in schools. To begin with, we will initiate this process in the secondary classrooms.
- Kendriya Vidayalalas and Navodaya Vidayalas have done yeoman service in the field of school education. In order to cater to the demands of more such schools, we aim to open another 200 such schools by 2024.
Higher Education :
- BJP will take all necessary steps to increase the number of seats in Central Law, Engineering, Science and Management institutions by at least 50% in the next five years. We will also motivate States to accordingly increase the number of seats in State institutions.
- We have given due emphasis to on-line courses as a medium of delivering education in the last five years. We will take it to the next level and make it a major resource for imparting higher education.
- While we have world-class Technology, Science and Medical institutions, the same needs to be replicated in other areas. We will set up an Arts, Culture and Music University with a focus on fine arts such as music and dance. We will also open a state-of-the-art Hospitality and Tourism University and a Police University. States will be encouraged to establish similar institutions of excellence.
- BJP will relook the role of existing regulatory institutions’ and make necessary changes in the legislation to ensure a regulatory overhaul. We will formulate new regulatory mechanism to provide autonomy to quality institutions and focus towards setting national standards. It will work towards promoting excellence and quality learning in higher education while providing academic and functional autonomy to institutions.
- In the past five years, our emphasis has been on quality higher educational institutions and Institutions of Eminence have been a step in that direction. We will take it forward in the next five years and create 50 such institutions by 2024.
- In the past 5 years, a number of our institutions have figured in the top 500 institutions of the world. We will encourage academic institutions towards excellence and motivate more such institutions to rank among the top 500 institutions of the world.
- BJP will consciously promote a program for ‘Study in India’, which will focus on bringing foreign students to study in higher educational institutions in our country and make India a major destination for education for foreign students.
- To ensure innovation and quality research, we will incentivise the industry to collaborate with our scientific labs and technological institutions, to undertake research in cutting-edge technology and science.
- Have launched the ‘National Digital Library of India’ and provided access to e-books and many other papers to the students free-of-cost. To further promote a research-orientation in our higher education institutions, we will take it forward by providing access to leading journals free of cost to the students.
Skill Development :
- BJP will formulate a ‘National Policy for Re-skilling and Up-skilling’ to evolve a flexible and industry responsive workforce which is capable of accessing new opportunities and to insulate it from technological shocks.
Women Empowerment :
Women-led Development :
- The gains made under our pioneering ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ program have been impressive. We are committed to continue to build on these gains to provide accessible and affordable quality education to all women. We will ensure that ample financial support is available to girls through out their education and subsidized education loans are provided for higher education.
- During the last five years, we have focused on ensuring a safe and dignified life and access to basic resources for women through various schemes such as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ujjwala, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Saubhagya. In the next 5 years, to ensure financial empowerment among women in rural and semi-rural areas and create better employment opportunities for them, we will make every effort to ensure access to credit and other resources, capacity building, market and distribution network for women entrepreneurs, SHGs and women farmers.
- We are committed to make women equal partners in and equal beneficiaries of the progress and prosperity of the nation and will formulate a comprehensive ‘Women in Workforce’ roadmap focused on dramatically increasing the female workforce participation rate over the next five years. We will also encourage industries and corporates to generate better employment opportunities for women.
- To ensure greater participation of women in the workforce, it is necessary to enable them to continue in the workforce by providing support for child care. Our government has already made it mandatory for any establishment with 50 or more employees to have the facility of a creche. We will now strengthen the creche program with special focus on the needs of parents employed in the unorganized sector to provide crèche and child care facilities by leveraging the existing Anganwadis, civil society organisations and the private sector. We will ensure that the number of childcare facilities is increased three fold by 2022.
- To generate better work opportunities for women, 10% material to be sourced for government procurement will be done from MSMEs having at least 50% women employees in their workforce. This will cover various import substitution items including, but not limited to, apparel, leather, paper and wood, articles, stone items like idols, etc, plastic and rubber items, furniture, clocks, toys etc.
Ensuring equal rights :
- Have determinedly taken substantive measures to ensure overall development of women and promote gender equality. Continuing our work, we will legislate a bill to prohibit and eliminate practices such as Triple Talaq and Nikah Halala.
Ensuring a dignified life for women :
- Continuing our efforts to ensure safe motherhood through schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Matritva Suraksha Abhiyaan and Ayushman Bharat, we will focus on ensuring good quality, easily accessible and affordable maternal healthcare services for all women.
- The government has launched a major initiative on malnutrition by launching the POSHAN Abhiyan. We will reduce the malnutrition level by at least 10% in the next five years, doubling the rate of reduction of malnourishment.
- BJP will ensure that all reproductive and menstrual health services are easily available to all women across India and with the expansion of ongoing Suvidha scheme, sanitary pads at an affordable cost of just Rs. 1 will be provided to all women and girls.
- Have very significantly increased the honararium of ASHA and Anganwadi workers. We will increase the coverage of Ayushman Bharat to include all Anganwadi workers and ASHA workers to ensure improved health and social support system for these frontline workers.
- Women’s security will be given more priority. We have constituted the Women’s Security Division in the Home Ministry, and have made strict provisions for transferring the laws in order to commit crimes against women, in particular in a time-bound investigation and trail for rape. In such cases, forensic facilities and fast track courts will be expanded to bring convicts to justice.
- To create a positive atmosphere for women, promote gender justice and create awareness on issues related to women, gender sensitisation courses will be made an essential part of all educational institution’s curriculum and training modules of public offices.
- We are committed to ensure the welfare of widows of defence personnel who were killed in action. We will formulate a dedicated program for the creation of work opportunities, provide skill training and strengthen social security mechanism for widows of our Martyrs.
Reservation for women :
- Women’s welfare and development will be accorded a high priority at all levels within the government, and the BJP is committed to 33% reservation in parliament and state assemblies through a constitutional amendment.
Inclusive Development :
Ensuring Justice for All :
- Are committed to ensure benefits of constitutional provisions of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes. We will ensure that proper representation and opportunities are available for these sections.
- Have decisively ensured that the economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society who belong to the non-reserved category are represented and have access to government jobs and higher education through the 10% EWS reservation which was long overdue. We will implement the law in the same spirit while ensuring that SCs, STs and OBCs continue to have their fair representation.
Strengthening ‘Sabkha vikas’ :
- To ensure that quality education is available and easily accessible, every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons will have an Eklavya Model Residential School. Eklavya Schools will be at par with Navodaya Vidyalayas and besides providing state of the art training in sports and skill development, these schools will have special facilities for preserving local art and culture.
- Continuing our efforts to promote social and political empowerment, we will ensure that the rights of all forest dwellers are fully protected.
- BJP will make adequate provisions for personal safety equipment and accelerate the adoption of mechanized cleaning to ensure occupational health and safety for Safai Karamcharis.
- BJP will establish 50,000 ‘Van Dhan Vikas Kendras’ in the tribal areas of the country to ensure the availability of primary processing and value addition for forest produce and to provide employment for tribals and increase tribal income.
Ensuring welfare of poor :
- Are committed to bringing down the percentage of families living below the poverty line to a single digit in the next five years.
- BJP will ensure pucca houses for families either living in kuchha houses or without access to housing by 2022.
- Have been successful in extending the food security cover to over 80 crore people from poor and lower-middle-income families who are receiving food grains (wheat/rice/coarse grains) at highly subsidized prices. We will further widen this cover to provide subsidized sugar (at Rs. 13 per kg per family per month) to these 80 crore families in line with our moto ‘Sabka Saath-Sabka Vikas’.
- The unprecedented success of the Jan Dhan Yojana has dramatically improved ªnancial inclusion in India. We will take further steps to ensure access to bank branches, payment banks and banking correspondents by creating a new data-sharing framework that builds on the success of Jan Dhan and Aadhaar platforms while ensuring data privacy and security. With this scheme, we will ensure that every Indian has access to banking facilities within a radius of 5 km. We will also launch a technology enabled program for broader financial literacy by complementing financial literacy with mass media campaigns to provide information on financial products and their use to enable effective participation of every Indian in the financial system.
Responsive to the Needs of Aspirational Middle Class :
- After providing major tax relief in the recent budget, we are committed to further revise the tax slabs and the tax benefits to ensure more cash and greater purchasing power in the hands of our middle income families.
- BJP will make all efforts to ensure that our aspirational middle class has access to education, employment opportunities and suitable urban infrastructure for a better quality life.
Commitment to Geographical Equity :
- Inclusive development also means inclusion by geography. To this end, our Government has identified 115 aspirational districts that are being given special attention. We intend to continue with this effort to ensure that these districts catch up with the rest of the country. Similarly, we have already laid the foundation for economic and social progress of Eastern India through improved connectivity, construction of high impact infrastructure projects and provision of adequate financial resources. We intend to continue our efforts to resolve the geographical imbalance of the said region and ensure that Eastern India is an equal participant in the progress and growth of the nation. In PM Modi’s words, this is ‘Purvoday’ (Rise of the East).
Development with Dignity for the Minorities :
- Are committed to the empowerment and ‘development with dignity’ of all minorities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis etc ).
Caring for the Elderly :
- BJP will strengthen the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana to ensure that poor senior citizens in need of aids and assistive devices receive them in a timely manner.
- To take forward the gains achieved under Sugamya Bharat, we will put in place a system of continuous accessibility audits and ratings for cities, public infrastructure including airports, railway stations and public transport systems, to ensure that they are fully accessible, with collaboration with industry and civil society organisations.
- BJP will prioritize Divyang beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and mandate accessibility benchmarks to be met in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Anganwadi and pre-school system will be strengthened to ensure that cases of disabilities are detected at an early stage.
- Will offer higher interest rates on fixed deposits by divyangs.
Political resolution on the matter of Gorkha :
- BJP will recognise the 11 left out Indian Gorkha sub-tribes as Schedule Tribes. We are also committed to implement the reservation in the legislative assembly of Sikkim for Limboo and Tamang tribes.
- Are committed to work towards finding a permanent political solution to the issue of Darjeeling Hills, Siliguri Terai and Dooars region.
Ensuring welfare of the Labour Force :
- Under our government, there has been a 42% growth in the National Minimum Wage. We will maintain the same direction over the next five years to ensure a respectable living for the workers.
Pension Scheme for all Small Shopkeepers :
- BJP will expand the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan scheme to cover all small shopkeepers.
Ensuring Welfare of Artisans :
- BJP will create an umbrella scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Kalanidhi Yojana’ to allow flexible and customized packages of credit, working capital and social security options to provide comprehensive support to traditional arts.
Protecting Our Children :
- BJP will formulate a comprehensive Child Protection Framework to facilitate the setting up of standards and robust inspection and monitoring of child care institutions across India.
Empowering Transgenders :
- Are committed to bring transgenders to the mainstream through adequate socio-economic and policy initiatives.
- Will ensure self-employment and skill development avenues for transgender youth.
Cultural Heritage :
Since inception, the philosophy of the BJP is anchored in the civilisztional ethos of India. As we build ‘New India’, we intend to actively invest in strengthening our cultural roots and preserving civilizational continuity. Far from seeing our cultural values as hurdles to progress, we see them as essential ingredients of our future.
Ram Mandir :
- We reiterate our stand on Ram Mandir. We will explore all possibilities within the framework of the Constitution and all necessary efforts to facilitate the expeditious construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
Conserving Bharatiya Faith and Culture :
- Are committed to conserve and promote all culturally, religiously and spiritually significant heritage sites related to every faith in India and the ongoing PRASAD scheme will be expanded to achieve this goal.
Conserving Bharatiya Linguistic Culture :
- BJP will constitute a National Task Force to study the status of all written and spoken languages and dialects in India. We will also work towards revival and promotion of vulnerable or extinct dialects and languages.
- With a focused effort on promotion of Sanskrit, we will ensure that the teaching of Sanskrit is expanded and popularized at the school level. We will also provide 100 Panini fellowships to researchers and scholars across India to promote research in Sanskrit.
Namami Gange: A matter of Pride :
- Are committed to ensure a clean and uninterrupted flow of river Ganga from Gangotri to Ganga Sagar. We will ensure that the sewerage infrastructure to deal with 100% of the waste water from the Ganga towns is completed and is functioning effectively, and take steps to enhance the river flow.
- The villages located on the banks of the river, which are already open defecation free, will be taken up under a special project to ensure complete sustainable management of solid and liquid waste.
- BJP will undertake every effort to ensure that the subject of faith, tradition and worship rituals related to Sabarimala are presented in a comprehensive manner before the Hon’ble Supreme Court . Will endeavour to secure constitutional protection on issues related to faith and belief.
Promoting Yoga Globally :
- BJP will further continue our effort to promote Yoga globally as the world celebrates 21st June as the International Yoga Day. We will promote Yoga as a vital method to achieve physical wellness and spiritual rejuvenation across the globe and will continue to work towards training of Yoga practitioners. We will undertake a rapid expansion of Yoga health hubs, Yoga tourism and research in Yoga.
Bharatiya Cultural Festival
- An International Cultural Festival will be organised on a grand scale every year in 5 different states to showcase and promote the rich diversity of Indian culture and efforts will be made for greater participation of Pravasi Bharatiya population and international community.
Dharohar Darshan :
- To increase accessibility and promote all culturally and historically significant heritage sites and museums in India, we will launch a web-enabled virtual tour of all such locations through ‘Dharohar Dharshan-an integrated web portal’. Eliminating the geographical boundaries, the portal will provide real-time experience of Indian cultural heritage, accessible from any corner of the globe.
Uniform Civil Code :
- Article 44 of the Constitution of India lists Uniform Civil Code as one of the Directive Principles of State Policy. BJP believes that there cannot be gender equality till such time India adopts a Uniform Civil Code, which protects the rights of all women, and the BJP reiterates its stand to draft a Uniform Civil Code, drawing upon the best traditions and harmonizing them with the modern times.
Foreign Policy :
We believe that India’s time has come. She is emerging as a power and connecting stakeholders in a multi-polar world. The rise of India is the new reality and we shall play a major role in shaping global agenda in the 21st century..
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ :
- While pursuing our national developmental and security interests, the ancient Indian vision of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ will form the basis in our global co-operation for progress, prosperity, peace and security, especially with friendly countries and neighbours. Besides working to secure and safeguard ‘global commons’, we will strengthen our role as ‘first responder’ for disaster relief and humanitarian assistance and develop partnerships for disaster resilient infrastructure.
Global Coordination on Knowledge and Technology :
- BJP will make knowledge exchange and transfer of technology for the development of all countries a major focus of our diplomatic relations. As a part of this, we will endeavour to create an ‘International Space Technology Alliance’ for better coordination and cooperation on issues related to space technology to ensure that the benefits of space technology reach all, especially the smaller countries.
Continuous Dialogue with Indians Living Abroad :
- BJP will create an institutional mechanism to deepen the relationship of culture and heritage with people of Indian origin, and to regularly engage with them. We will simultaneously launch ‘Bharat Gaurav’ campaign to increase interaction among the Indian diaspora and enable their continuous engagement with the Indian missions. We will strengthen the MADAD portal as single-point avenue for information and services for Indians living abroad.
Combating Terrorism through Global Forums :
- We are committed to taking concrete steps on international forums against countries and organizations supporting terrorism, and we will take all necessary measures to isolate such countries and organizations on the global stage. To ensure the same, we will work towards establishing a ‘Comity of Nations Against International Terrorism’ as a voluntary multi-lateral forum based on the principles of the draft Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
Deeper Multilateral Co-operation :
- BJP will effectively pursue co-operation against global evils, such as terrorism and corruption through forums like UN, the G20, BRICS, SCO, Commonwealth, etc. Significant interactions such as Russia-India-China (RIC) and Japan-America-India (JAI) will be strengthened. To forward our ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy, we will extensively leverage forums such as BIMSTEC, to accelerate regional coordination and economic co-operation with countries in our neighbourhood. Act East Policy, cooperation with ASEAN and ensuring an open, inclusive, prosperous and secure Indo-Pacific will be pursued vigorously.
Permanent membership of the United Nations Security Council :
- We are committed to seeking permanent membership of the United Nation Security Council so that the body reacts the contemporary geopolitical realities of the world. We are determined to intensify our efforts towards these objectives.
Strengthening the Diplomatic Cadre and Outreach :
- BJP will increase the strength of the diplomatic and allied cadres to keep pace with our increasing global engagement and enhanced stature of India in the world. In addition, we will facilitate the participation of experts in foreign policy-making through a robust mechanism. We will establish a full- fledged University of Foreign Policy, the first of its kind in the region, to focus on academic study and research on foreign policy and geopolitical issues relevant to India and capacity building of our and friendly foreign diplomats. India’s states will be actively assisted in their international outreach for economic development.
75 Milestones for India @ 75 :
- Achieve the target of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- Enable the creation of 10,000 new Farmer Producer Organizations.
- Ensure adequate market avenues for the realization of MSP through e-NAM, GrAMs and Pradhan Mantri AASHA Yojana.
- Work towards ensuring that maximum farmers get income support under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Launch a pension scheme for small and marginal farmers to ensure social security under 60 years of age.
- Work towards completing all irrigation projects under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana
- Provide short-term new agriculture loans up to Rs 1 lakh at 0% interest rate for 1-5 years on the condition of prompt repayment of the principal amount.
- Increase the cropped area under irrigation.
- Work towards digitizing land records
- Strive to ensure all-weather connectivity for every village.
- Work towards assisting the maximum number of fishermen by ensuring the availability of storage and other infrastructure under a new ‘Matsya Sampada Yojana’
- Ensure 100% disposal of liquid waste and reuse of waste water.
Youth and Education :
- Aim to cover all the secondary schools under Operation Digital Board.
- Enable investment of Rs 1 lakh crore in higher education through Revitalising of Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE).
- Work towards increasing the number of seats in premier management institutes.
- Work towards increasing the number of seats in premier engineering institutes.
- Work towards increasing the number of seats in premier law institutes.
- Establish at least one Atal Tinkering Lab in every block.
- Under a new ‘Entrepreneurial Northeast’ scheme, provide financial support to MSMEs and for employment generation in northeastern states.
- Ensure a pucca house to every family.
- Ensure the LPG gas cylinder connection to all poor rural households.
- Ensure 100% electrification of all households.
- Ensure every citizen has access to a bank account.
- Ensure a toilet in every household.
- Ensure access to safe and potable drinking water for all households.
- Complete Phase-1 of Bharatmala Project expeditiously
- Double the length of national highways. Ensure 100% waste collection under Swachh.
- Bharat Mission to achieve ODF+ and ODF++ in cities and villages.
- Ensure ODF status for all villages and cities.
- Achieve 175 GW of renewable energy capacity.
- Strive to achieve 10% blending of ethanol in petrol.
- Connect every Gram Panchayat with high speed optical fibre network.
- Ensure the supply of piped cooking gas in major Tier 1 and 2 cities.
- Form a new Ministry of Water unifying the water management functions. This will help approach the issue of water management holistically and ensure better co-ordination of effort.
- Aim to increase the number of operational airports to 150 for better air connectivity.
- Increase port capacity to 2,500 MTPA.
- Ensure conversion of all viable rail tracks to broad gauge by 2022.
- Make all efforts to ensure electrification of all railway tracks by 2022.
- State developing small railway stations across India.
- Work towards equipping all main railway stations with Wi-Fi facility.
- Complete the dedicated freight corridor project by 2022.
- Establish 1.5 lakh health and wellness centres under Ayushman Bharat.
- Start setting up 75 new medical colleges/ postgraduate medical colleges.
- Target provisioning of telemedicine and diagnostic laboratory facilities at all health and wellness centres to ensure quality primary medical care to the poor at their doorstep.
- Work towards increasing the number of childcare facilities threefold.
- Ensure a drastic reduction in cases of tuberculosis.
- Increase the doctor-population ratio to 1:1400.
- Under the POSHAN Abhiyaan, aim to reduce the malnutrition level as well as accelerate the rate of reduction of malnourishment.
- Further improve India’s rank in ‘Ease of Doing Business’ ranking.
- Work towards improving GDP share from manufacturing sector.
- Work towards doubling the total exports.
- Establish National Traders’ Welfare Board and create a National Policy for Retail Trade for the growth of retail business
- Work towards creating a single-window compliance and dispute resolution mechanism for MSMEs
- Strive to ensure reduced tax rates, higher tax collection and greater compliance. Work towards ensuring a stable taxation regime.
- In order to incentivise compliance of law and ease of doing business, amend the
- Companies Act to impose civil liability for technical and procedural defaults of a minor nature, thus unclogging the majority of cases from courts.
Good Governance :
- Ensure the availability of banking services within 5 kms of every individual.
- Achieve complete digitization and modernization of courts.
- Promote and increase digital transactions.
- Ensure end-to-end digitization of government processes.
- Enable digital delivery of government services.
- Work towards substantially reducing the current levels of air pollution.
- Work towards completely eliminating crop residue burning to reduce air pollution.
- Put an Indian in space in an Indian spacecraft as part of ‘Gaganyaan’ mission.
Inclusive Development :
- Ensure full immunization coverage of children.
- Strive to make all government buildings accessible.
- Ensure the completion of six Tribal Freedom Fighters Museums.
- Work towards completing the development of ‘Panchteerth’ circuit.
- Expand the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan scheme to cover all small shopkeepers.
- Ensure comprehensive social security coverage for all unorganized labourers including insurance, pension etc
- Work towards increasing female workforce participation rate.
- Ensure justice for Muslim women by enacting the law against triple talaq.
- Achieve the goal of Clean Ganga by 2022.
- Complete the development of all projects under Swadesh Darshan, PRASAD and HRIDAY schemes.
- Work towards digitization of collections in all national museums.