Good news to all property owners as registration of property goes online at Namma Bengaluru. No hassle of visiting the sub-registrar office.
Registration of the documents of sale and purchase of immovable property is mandatory in India and ensures conservation of evidence, prevention of fraud and assurance of title.
A property needs to be registered for the purpose of sale, transfer, gift or lease in accordance with Registration Act 1908. As per Section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908, all transactions that involve the sale of an immovable property should be registered.
Additionally, all transactions of gift of an immovable property, as well as lease for a period exceeding 12 months, are also mandatorily required to be registered.
To register property online, one needs the following documents :
- Identity proof of parties involved (Aadhaar Card, PAN card etc.)
- Two passport photographs of parties involved
- Sale deed
- Power of authority in case the party is representing someone else.
- If the party is a company then power of attorney/letter of authority, along with a copy of the resolution of the company’s board, authorizing him/her to carry out the registration and certificate of incorporation
- proof of payment of stamp duty and registration fee
- Other documents as per the requirement of State.
Benefits of online-registration
- The usual resource challenges at registrar offices are reduced drastically.
- Consumer pays a relatively affordable registration amount.
- There is no need to visit multiple offices to register a property.
- Details and documents pertaining to records can be accessed online.
- Transparency in the registration process increases significantly, thereby, rationalizing broker fees and negating the need for bribes to officials.
Please check Maulya mobile app to know guidance value of any property. Maulya App will facilitate the user to the find the respective SRO and DRO office location, Department of Stamps & Registration, Government of Karnataka with the details of the person in-charge.
The online services are available at https://kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in/