Bengaluru 10K challenge is back on 7th July, 2019 at NICE Road. Running is a great way to get in shape and everyone knows it. But it also can benefit almost every part of body and lift mood.
Whether it’s a favorite part of the day or something one has to push through, the benefits are undeniable.
Running increases endurance, builds muscle to maintain an optimal body fat composition, promotes cardiovascular health, strengthens the heart, and even improves overall mood.
Combined with weight training, run can help out maintain the perfect balance of mental stimulation and physical fitness.
History of running :
It is thought that human running evolved at least four and a half million years ago out of the ability of the ape-like Australopithecus, an early ancestor of humans, to walk upright on two legs.
The theory proposed considered to be the most likely evolution of running is of early humans’ developing as endurance runners from the practice of persistence hunting of animals, the activity of following and chasing until a prey is too exhausted to flee.
Reasons for running :
The next time you’re thinking of skipping a run, think of these reasons to get your butt out the door.
- It is a great way to increase overall level of health. Research shows that running can raise r levels of good cholesterol while also helps increase lung function and use. In addition, it also boosts immune system and lower the risk of developing blood clots.
- For women, running can actually help to lower your risk of breast cancer. It also helps reduce the risk of having a stroke. Many doctors today recommend it for people who are in the early stages of diabetes, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis. It is proven to help reduce the risk of having a heart attack. By helping the arteries retain their elasticity and strengthening the heart, chances of suffering a heart attack can be significantly reduced.
- It is one of the best forms of exercise for losing and maintaining a normal standard weight. One will find that it is a leading way to burn off extra calories and that it is the second most effective exercise in terms of calories burned per minute, following only after cross country skiing.
- Stress causes a number of health and mood problems. It also diminishes appetite and sleep quality. When a person run, he/she force their body to exert excess energy and hormones. Running also helps to reduce chances of developing tension headaches.
- Not all of the benefits of running are physical. Running provides a noticeable boost of confidence and self-esteem.
About Bengaluru 10K challenge :
Bengaluru is proud of having the largest runners-community in India. Many Bengaluru runners across different age groups have been winning at the major run events in India.
Bengaluru 10K Challenge is all about achieving personal best! The fourth edition had an overwhelming response with over 14,000 runners participating. The fifth edition of the 10K Challenge to getting more people to take up running and also to challenge the pros who have been running for years.
NEB Sports :
NEB Sports, organizes big banner events such as IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon, IDBI Federal Life Insurance Mumbai Half Marathon, Shriram Properties Bengaluru Marathon and NIDJAM. Focus of their events is to provide a good experience to participants and encourage people to adapt a fit and healthy lifestyle.
Sponsors for the Bengaluru 10K challenge :
There are a number of partners sponsoring 10 K event .
Physio-partners : Tranquil healthcare
NGO partner : Agastya international foundation
Running partner : Reebok
Soulfull – Delicious millets
Fresh food partners – ID fresh food
Energy partner – Enerzal
Health partner : Apollo Spectra hospitals
Venue partner : NICE (Bengaluru Mysore infrastructure corridor)
Rules to follow to participate in Bengaluru 10K challenge :
General rules :
- Use only the application modes suggested on website to submit entries.
- Go thoroughly through all relevant information given on the event website and application form prior to submitting application.
- Requests for participation cancellation, and thereby refund, will not be entertained.
- If availed any early bird offer, refund/transfer and cancellation will not be entertained.
- Only individual entries for 10K and 5K shall be accepted.
- Applicants for 10K must be the age of 14 years as on 6th July 2019.
- Applicants for 5 K Fun Run must be the age of 6 years as on 6th July 2019. Minors between 6-12 years must be accompanied by a guardian/parent who is a participant under the same race category.
Entry confirmation :
- Confirmation of applications received will be subject to Entry Rules & Guidelines given herein.
- Post close of registrations, email confirmations will be sent to all the confirmed participants who have given their valid email id in the application form.
Winners medal – Bengaluru 10K Challenge :
On the Race Day, victory ceremony will be conducted for fastest 10K winners, both, for men & women. All age category winners will be announced on the website and on Social Media platforms, three working days post the event. They will be provided with their medals & prize money within 45 days from the finish of the event.
Merit certificate :
All prize money winners of the run (as given in the prize money structure in prize money tab) will receive Merit Certificates certifying their prize money winning positions.
Finishers medal :
All participants will be eligible for the Finisher’s Medal post their run. Medals will not be posted to individual runners.
Running number bib collection :
- All confirmed participants are required to come to Expo, scheduled from 5 July 2019 to 6 July 2019 in order to collect their running number bibs. No Running Number will be posted to an individual’s mailing address nor distributed on race day, i.e 7th July 2019
- It is mandatory for the participants to collect his/her running number bib personally from the Expo. In case of unavoidable circumstances, such runner can send his/her authorized representative to collect running number bib on his/her behalf. Authorized representative must carry with him/her:
a) Soft Copy of Confirmation Email/SMS with BIB Number details.
b) Soft Copy of Photo-identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN Card or passport) of the confirmed participant.
- Note: Photo copy is not necessary, if participant personally presents.
To know more about running event click on the link : https://www.bangalorean.com/sports/runners-360-3years/