Running is a great way to get in shape and everyone knows it. But it also can benefit almost every part of body and lift mood.
Whether it’s a favorite part of the day or something one has to push through, the benefits are undeniable.
It increases endurance, builds muscle to maintain an optimal body fat composition, promotes cardiovascular health, strengthens the heart, and even improves overall mood.
Combined with weight training, run can help out maintain the perfect balance of mental stimulation and physical fitness.
It is thought that human running evolved at least four and a half million years ago out of the ability of the ape-like Australopithecus, an early ancestor of humans, to walk upright on two legs.
The theory proposed considered to be the most likely evolution of running is of early humans’ developing as endurance runners from the practice of persistence hunting of animals, the activity of following and chasing until a prey is too exhausted to flee.
Reasons for running :
The next time you’re thinking of skipping a run, think of these reasons to get your butt out the door.
- It is a great way to increase overall level of health. Research shows that running can raise r levels of good cholesterol while also helps increase lung function and use. In addition, it also boosts immune system and lower the risk of developing blood clots.
- For women, running can actually help to lower your risk of breast cancer. It also helps reduce the risk of having a stroke. Many doctors today recommend it for people who are in the early stages of diabetes, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis. It is proven to help reduce the risk of having a heart attack. By helping the arteries retain their elasticity and strengthening the heart, chances of suffering a heart attack can be significantly reduced.
- It is one of the best forms of exercise for losing and maintaining a normal standard weight. One will find that it is a leading way to burn off extra calories and that it is the second most effective exercise in terms of calories burned per minute, following only after cross country skiing.
- Stress causes a number of health and mood problems. It also diminishes appetite and sleep quality. When a person run, he/she force their body to exert excess energy and hormones. Running also helps to reduce chances of developing tension headaches.
- Not all of the benefits of running are physical. Running provides a noticeable boost of confidence and self-esteem.
To know more about running event recently happened at Bengaluru read https://www.bangalorean.com/sports/runners-360-3years/